Skip to content
Program Description: Ensure that the most vulnerable children and their families impacted by the COVID – 19 crises have access to psychosocial support and can meet their hygiene needs.
Location: Jaffna, Kilinochchi & Mullaitivu districts.
Duration: May 2020 to December 2020.
- 1193 children and their parents/ care givers reached through psychosocial support services and referred to the additional services as required.
- Children have been encouraged through the competition to be engaged in several activities (art drawing, poem, storytelling, and innovation) during the lockdown.
- A separate and specified Facebook page – “Sirakaddikum Siddukkal” has been created and useful materials and posts have been placed on a daily basis to encourage children. Up to December 6,430 viewers liked this page.
- Psychosocial materials developed and disseminated through social media and e-platforms.
- 300 Vulnerable families with three or more children in the target areas provided with hygiene kits to meet their basic and essential hygiene needs at the homes.
- 165 awareness creation sign boards related to COVID-19 have been distributed to 55 preschools.
- 1015 Pre and Primary Teachers capacitated in dealing with children in COVID 19.
- 24 video messages were recorded related Covid-19 awareness.