Donor: USAID /
Program Description: Develop the functional level of the war affected clients to their potential capacity in terms of Psychological, Socio-economic status and to become productive in the social environment.
Location: Four Grama Niladari Divisions (Nallinakkapuram, Ilavalai North West, Palai Veemankaamam South & Vasavilan East) in Thellipalai Divisional Secretariat Division.
Target Group: Selected resettled families from the four divisions.
Duration: August 2017 to February 2021.
- Provided psychosocial services; befriending, counselling, on-going sessions, follow ups as well as referrals. In total 111 people have received psychosocial and counselling service.
- Virtual platform has been created and in practice to handle client services virtually due to COVID – 19.
- 13 befrienders and Core Group members have been trained and capacitated to bridge the clients from the field with counsellors for psychosocial support.
- Hotline numbers have been shared through digital media and social media for easy access to get the service.
- Paper articles and TV channel discussions had been done to raise awareness raising and for knowledge development.
- Psychosocial materials developed and disseminated through social media and e-platforms.
- 78 Pre-school teachers had been capacitated on best health and hygiene practices from 58 schools.
- Hand washing points had been established in 13 pre-schools in Thellipalai DS division.
- Infra-red thermometers had been provided to 30 schools in Thellipalai DS division.
- 4 Machines, 8 PPE kits & 4 sanitizer cans have been distributed to Vali North Pradesh Sabha to cover 40 pre-schools and public places in Thellipalai DS division.
- COVID – 19 response; awareness banners have been placed in 13 common places; especially designed banners been placed at 19 pre-schools and 240 stickers have been placed at the Government and Private buses.
- School cleaning campaign have done in 15 schools and provided cleaning kits to selected schools.
- 2 video messages were recorded related to Covid-19 awareness.